Monday, August 24, 2009

11

This last Saturday was the Center for Hmong Arts and Talents (CHAT) Art Festival. My friends and I got there around 140pm so I missed Andi, who is the keyboardist for Venus on Fire. He had a wedding to go to so he was there for a few songs only I believe. I was able to catch the last song VoF performed though (: Some more notable performances that I can remember: The Dirty Darlings, The Hilltribe and A Day Forward. I'm seriously in love with these three :D Aside from the awesome performances by various bands, there were some really nice artworks up, too. I think there was more this year than the previous year, as well as more people who attended.

I met the singer, Tousue Vang, for A Day Forward at work, my coworker knew him and mistook my friend for him at the Dragon Boat Festival. He's a pretty cool guy and goes to MCAD, which is where I want to go to (: He's got some nice works up on his website too. I find them quite inspirational, probably because I know him in person... It's always more interesting when you can see the artist in person. At the festival, I also met one of the rappers for The Hilltribe, named Vong Lee. He's a pretty cool and down-to-earth kind of guy, or so it seems. It would be pretty cool if he could steer my brother on the right road in rapping lol... My youngest brother seems so foolish and childish, but I suppose these are phases you can't avoid growing up...

Other than these artists, I was also able to see a lot of people from the U I haven't seen in over a year. I totally miss them and kinda wanna go back to HMSA this coming year (: But the only problem is that I never really get involved, just slightly here and there... Who knows, we'll see. New people... I met this guy named Andrew Xiong who looks really familiar. He says he's seen me around almost all of the Hmong events or something haha... That's funny cuz I get so nervous around crowds...

Yesterday I was finally able to chat with the guy of my affections again. He apologized for not calling me like he said he would and everything was okay again (: He said he'd call me yesterday to hang out, but he didn't again. No big deal though because he sincerely means the things he says. This feeling is strange and new. I'm content without wanting and wanting more and more. Just a simple hello now and then and I'm happy. This feels good.

No comments: